If You Love Pattern, and You Love Still Life, then Pattern Play with Natasha Ruschka is the Course For You!
REGISTRATION AND PURCHASE VIA THIS LINK following this link!
DO NOT CHECK OUT VIA THIS WEBSITE. USBTHE LINK ABOVE
Bring your love of patterns into your art by painting patterned fabric in still life. In “Pattern Play” Natasha Ruschka breaks down the process to help you understand the techniques and foundations before bringing it all together for some special final creations. Learn everything you need to know, from which fabrics to choose, how to match them, the creation of compositions, and how to manipulate colour for depth and atmosphere. Natasha will guide you through the process of creating some of her favourite patterns and impart you with the skills and confidence to continue to paint patterns in the future. This class is great for artists interested in a new look at still life and is also suitable for beginners with its easy-to-follow instructions. This class is originally created using oil paints, but the concepts and techniques translate easily to acrylic.
By the end of this course students will have an understanding of the following concepts:
- Choose patterns that give the best results
- Create still life compositions incorporating patterned fabric
- Simplify value, colour and brushwork to create and unify a complicated painting subject
- Paint light and value relationships
- Use colour temperature and saturation to create atmosphere
- Draw ellipses at different angles
- Use linear perspective to show 3D depth on a 2D surface.
- Follow a simple alla-prima oil painting process that is repeatable regardless of your subject.
I hope you'll join me on this fabulous journey!